Download-Section for Hosting Institutions
The download area provides all hosting institutions with helpful documents and files to prepare and execute a Falling Walls Lab successfully.
Phase 1 provides documents suitable for the acquisition of partners whereas Phase 2 offers effective material that will support the dissemination of your call for applications. Phase 3 provides you documents and files relevant for the execution of your event.
We request all international Lab organisers to read and sign our Terms and Conditions and kindly ask them to send us back an electronic copy of the document.
Preparing the event/Acquisition of Partners
The following documents and files should help you to get a good overview of the effort required to launch a Falling Walls Lab. Phase 1 also features a Sponsor letter, which you may use to contact potential sponsors for your Lab.
- Falling Walls Lab Guidelines (Main Handbook)
- Falling Walls Lab at a glance
- Falling Walls Lab Trailer (Video)
- Sponsor Letter (Template)
- Sponsorship Package Overview
Marketing and Promotion
The following files and templates will help you to market the call for applications (CfA) and your event. We already prepared some text modules for your marketing below.
- Call for Applications (Template)
- Poster Sample (contact us for a customised poster)
- Press Release (Template)
- Photographer's Briefing
- Falling Walls Boilerplate
The following links provide video and photo footoage of the Falling Walls Lab. Feel free to use material for your own marketing channels. To download videos from Youtube use Y2Mate or similar platforms.
- Photos on Flickr (Copyright: Falling Walls Foundation)
- Falling Walls Lab Highlights video 2017
- Falling Walls Foundation on Youtube
Jury invitation, briefing and presenter evaluation
We have prepared a text module for your jury invitation below. In order for the evaluation process to run smoothly please make sure to brief the members of your jury well.
- Jury Invitation (Template)
- Scoring System
- Jury Briefing (Template)
- Jury Voting Sheet (Template)
- Evaluation Tool (Excel)
Once you have selected your participants according to the pre-determined evaluation criteria (see Application and Evaluation Process - Phase 2), you need to inform the applicants and send the approved participants the PowerPoint Template so they can put together their presentation. Please make sure to brief the participants well to ensure a smooth presentation flow.
- Applicant Approval Declination Template
- PowerPoint Slides for Presenters
- PowerPoint Slides for Presenters (for DAAD Labs only!)
- Presentation Briefing for Presenters
- Winners' Certificates (customised certificates will be sent to you)
- Participants' Certificates (customised certificates will be sent to you)
- How to ensure a smooth presentation flow (Briefing)
Execution of the event
Make sure that all participants and members of the jury are present, the roll-ups are in place and the technical setup has been checked. We strongly recommend you to conduct a final rehearsal to be prepared for all subsequent eventualities.
- Stage Setup
- Countdown Clock with Countdown Sounds (PPT)
- Falling Walls Lab Roll-up (Template) (Measurement: 850x2000mm)
- PowerPoint Default Slide
- PowerPoint Default Slide (for DAAD Labs only!)
- Programme Booklet Template (PowerPoint)
- Name badge Template
- Question Sign (for Audience and Jury)
Post event wrap-up
Your Lab was a success! Now please inform us who your winner is, download and fill out the report information and list of presenters and send it to us. Also, please send us any photos, video material and press clippings of your event.
- Falling Walls Lab Report
- Falling Walls Lab Report (for DAAD Labs only!)
- List of Presenters
- Feedback Survey Template
- Extended Program (subject to change)
- Accommodation (coming soon)
If you have any questions in reference to the Download-section, Terms and Conditions or the documents and files available for download, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The international Lab perspective
In case you wish to get the international Lab organiser perspective please contact Mara Simmonds.
Mara has organised four consecutive Falling Walls Labs at the University of Alberta, has substantial hands-on experience and is happy to share her insights with you.
Contact Mara at email@example.com